TOKYOSURREALIST//soundtrack

It's been almost a year since my TokyosuRRealist days, and music, as always, was a very important part of that flashback memorizing. Just to rewind the vibe, here are the top 8 tracks from a list of 19 songs I managed to get in a compilation-wise order. It is my soundtrack to the futuristic, psychedelic, and hot summer nights of 
T O K Y O in 2015 A.D.




  1. Ode to Tokyo Tribe // MC SHOW
  2. Metro // System Of A Down
  3. 古い日記 // 和田 アキ子 (Old Diary // Akiko Wada)
  4. B Blue // Boowy
  5. Love Is Blindness // Jack White
  6. L$D // A$AP Rocky
  7. 天ノ弱 // 164 feat. GUMI (Amanojaku // 164 feat. GUMI)
  8. 長く短い祭 // 椎名林檎 (No verão, as noites // Sheena Ringo)




TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 1

"Let's start TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack with an ode to T O K Y O, chilling rhythms to a perfect neon-dark 'Bukuro flair. The Japanese may sound weird rapping, but they know the hell off how to create great beats. Before Tokyo, I was watching Sion Sono's so called 'rap-musical'. And then, I was suddenly finding myself in the claustrophobical coolness of this Metropolis."



TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 2

"After the smooth intro to TOKYOSURREALIST OST we go straight with the 'Metro' - by my all-time favorites System Of A Down, and also literally: everytime I use the metro system in a great city like Shanghai or Tokyo I listen to this punky, surrealistic rock cover. It's tradition. 'Fuck you for loving me! Riding on the Metro!'."



TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 3

"A 'shibui' (oldschool cool) song from the past, the present and the future. With a strong 'Ano kuru wa...' this japanese funkrock track starts with the powerful voice of a female singer which my cousin Mika was greatly performing on almost every karaoke night we did together. Then, I was lucky watching a japanese indie movie on my plane back to Europe which used this song as a McGuffin, and I recognized it fast and with striking sympathy. Japan, beware, next time I will sing it in every karaoke box I will set foot on! Ha!"



TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 4

"Mika had always two favorites for Karaoke: this was her second, and you might even say 'no. 1 favorite' by the times she sung it. It's catchy, driven, punky... and just by the looks (the singer equals a japanese version of The Cure's Robert Smith) a little 80's gothic. I started to love this song, after the third time I was able to sing the 'On the wing with broken heart' along with Mika. And so it would be a shame if not put on my personal travel soundtrack."


BOOWY-B・BLUE von nankaiikamo


TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 5

"'Love is blindness...' - is there else to say? It's Jack White, it's somehow Roaring Twenties, and it's the cool bluesrock sound I was listening to while sitting in the metro with Ray Ban sunglasses on. They (the glasses) gave me a feeling of coolness, but actually they were necessary to avoid my eyes from tiring too fast in this over-lighted world of Tokyo undergrounds and stores. And maybe it was simply the perfect tool to observe some people - like sleeping folks, book-reading gentlemen and cute girls..."



TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 6

"As psychedelic this shape-shifting track is, as is Tokyo anytime and anywhere in downtown. After a purely rock'n'roll ride, the OST slows down, softens, and gets weird like on... well, lysergic acid diethylamide. The music video was by accident something like a surreal prophecy about my voyage, and after returning I tried to figure out the location of the filming. My only guess is Akihabara, Electric city, kingdom of nerds. Anyway... You watch it, and get my feeling of wandering through this acid-soaked neon-light desert that I call home."


A$AP Rocky - LSD / BMF von Blak_Music_First


TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 7

"VOCALOID - this is the new musical empire to rise in Japan, futuristic voices out of programs that form anime personas with hologram concerts. Somehow Matrix, somehow Blade Runner, but as their sweet J-Pop alternatives. There is my on-going project to search for 'futuRRistic' music, and so I found interest in the CD 'This Is VocaRock'. The first track defines it: guitar playing so electrifying like a razor sharp katana, and the most kawaii female voice from - and this makes it really sci-fi thus cool - the FUTURE."



TOKYOSURREALIST soundtrack # 8

"Now this was a real japanese summer hit that took my soul - brazilian rhythms, futuristic altered voices, everything in a somehow 1960's psychedelic pop good-mood tune that keeps the crowd dancing through the whole night. In the whole OST it transits the somehow scifi and urban character of the past tracks into something more that sounds other then metro/neon-lights: it's the music of my summer in Japan 2015!"

http://vevo.ly/dUYPEQ


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts